DHUnplugged Closest to the Pin Contest – RULES
Closest to the Pin (CTP) Rules / How To:
- A random stock selected will be used for each contest. For each contest you may enter a price that you believe will be the closest to the actual price on the market close on the date stated in each contest page. Closest to the Pin Contest Page
- Site registration is required to participate.
- Entries for each stock may be submitted anytime after the “First Day to Submit Entry” and before market the end of the day (11:59PM Eastern) of the “Last Day to Submit Entry” in order for it to be counted.
- Listeners are invited to view the list of stocks and corresponding dates for the opening and closing of each entry. A listing of the current and past CTP Contests can be found here: CTP LIST
- Click on YOUR profile (top right of site if logged in) to see your list of price guesses and additional information.
- John C. Dvorak and Andrew Horowitz will also participate in the contest so that listeners can see how their guesses compare – keep a watch on the live updates to see how you stack up against them.
- Winners will be announced on the podcast following the date each CTP closes.
- Closest to the Pin winners will be determined by the absolute value of each guess. (Example: If the closing price is $10.00, and 3 guesses are submitted at $9.00, $9.90 and $10.25, the winner is at $9.90. Alternatively if the guesses are $9.00, $10.05 and $9.90, and the closing price remains the same at $10.00 the winner is at $10.05.) This means you are not penalized for being over or under a price. In the event of a tie, the earliest entry will be chosen as the winner.
- Prizes can only be shipped to a U.S. address. Winners outside the U.S. may provide a U.S. address for appropriate forwarding.
- We retain the right to disqualify anyone and any entry for any reason – because we can.